Do you want no-nonsense lessons on what it takes to build a successful business. Built, Not Born; A Self-Made Billionaire’s No-Nonsense Guide for Entrepreneurs is a unique business book for anyone who has built or is looking to build–a successful business.
From wisdom that comes from over five decades of starting new businesses,running a highly successful national corporation, mentoring entrepreneurs of all ages, and investing millions of dollars in small business enterprises. Built, Not Born is full of hard-earned insight from a proven entrepreneur, Tom Golisano’s.
Tom Golisano understands what it takes grow and thrive as a business owner at all levels, and Built, Not Born is full of practical insights for those who have made or are considering making the leap to starting a new business.
Tom Golisano’s commitment to clients to ‘make their business his business’ is not only smart advice, it’s good leadership wisdom. He has something to say to anyone who has built–or is looking to build–a successful business.
Tom Golisano understands the fears, risks, and challenges small-business owners face every day—he’s lived it. He has launched and grown his own highly successful businesses and mentored dozens of entrepreneurs, helping them build their own successful companies.
In only a few hours, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to succeed in business. Turn the page and learn the not-so-secret secrets to success.
What you will learn from Built, Not Born book:
- How going against the grain can be a great strategy for finding business opportunities and why it pays to question conventional wisdom.
- Why the pregnant pause can be an effective weapon in negotiations and when interviewing potential employees.
- Why a prenuptial or even a postnuptial agreement is critical to any business owner.
- What potential buyers and funding sources look for, and the best way to present a business plan.
- And finally, the key growth and leadership strategies that have helped Paychex sustain its incredible level of growth and profitability.
About the Author
Thomas Golisano is an entrepreneur, philanthropist, civic leader, founder and chairman of the board of Paychex, Inc. Before starting Paychex, Tom questioned the prevailing wisdom that it was a waste of time to sell payroll services to companies with fewer than 50 employees.
He saw the opportunity and worked out the numbers, which showed that smaller companies actually had a greater need than the bigger companies and could be just as (and even more) profitable clients. It took him time to build up the company, but now Paychex has a market value of 28 billion dollars. He currently runs his family’s charitable foundation, which has donated over 250 million dollars to several children’s hospitals, and he also advises young businesses.