Do you want to learn the crazy easy ways people create ebooks and sell them online? Creating ebooks and selling them online have now become one of the easiest ways people make money online as people find challenges multiple people are facing and monetize them by solving the challenges.
Study shows that in 2021 Statista’s estimate of total global ebook sales is US$15,635m while Mordor Intelligence states the global e-book market was valued at USD 18.13 billion in 2020 and it’s expected to reach 23.12B by 2026!
Some people love to read novels, someone writes them and monetizes them. some are experts in their area of specialization, they compile their experience together and sell it as ebooks.
Some don’t know how to write but they know the solution to a big challenge in society, they solve it by hiring experts on Fiverr to create a stunning ebook for them.
By creating and selling ebooks, you can create an online income from time to time for yourself. And another wonderful thing about ebook creation is that it will improve your writing skills, marketing skills, and human psychology thinking.
Do you also know that ebooks can be used as lead magnets to generate future sales? Yes, ebooks can be given away for free in exchange for an email address that can generate leads and customers.
Now is your turn to learn how to create and sell your own ebook online and start making a good profit from it. Creating your own eBook is surprisingly simple, but if you don’t know how to go about it, it can be pretty painful to do.
In this guide, we will walk you through the essential steps as you learn how to create and sell eBooks online.
Step 1: Decide On what To write About
To write an ebook, you first need to define the problem you want to solve if you don’t have any idea what to write about. You will need to find out what your audiences are interested in and how badly they want it.
To define the problem you want to solve in your ebook or the topic you want to discuss in your ebook, you can do the following to write want your audiences to want:
- What problems do people already frequently ask you for advice on? Then create choose it as your ebook topic.
- As a novel writer or story writer, you can write a short summary of three books and ask your audience to choose what they will like you to write about.
- You can also ask your target audience what their biggest problem is on social media in order to know their mind.
- You can check your blog analytics for popular topics people are showing interest in, that’s a topic you can pick and create an ebook on.
- As an expert in your niche, you can create an ebook to provide a solution to a big problem in your niche.
- Pay special attention to ratings and reviews on Amazon Kindle or Okadabooks to see the knowledge gaps that you can fill!
- Test out possible topics you can write about by first promoting each post via your usual channels (social media, email, etc.) and monitor how each performs and the additional questions readers are asking.
- Look for online courses in your niche by searching online course marketplaces like Udemy and Skillshare to find out actually care about courses people actually care about.
Note: The best eBooks share a personal story or experiences. Why? A personal story is engaging, builds authority, and creates empathy with the reader.
Writing an ebook is like taking a road trip. Before you start, it’s important to know where your journey will take you and what route that may be. Otherwise, the ride might turn out frustrating or even impossible!
Step 2: Come up With a Killer Title for eBook
Selling eBooks can be a tricky business. Your title is key to success, as crafting the perfect title for your new eBook is a great way to grab potential readers’ attention and entice them into purchasing your ebook.
Ramsey of Blog Tyrant talks about how he was able to sell his blog for $20k in just 8 months when he changed its generic-sounding name into “How I Sold A Blog For $20K In Just Eight Months.”
Joanna Penn also had good luck with her book ‘Career Change,’ which she renamed from the more general-sounding “How To Enjoy Your Job” after shifting sales finally took off again following this change in naming convention – an alteration that helped position her as someone who knew what they were talking about if one wanted advice on.
Another amazing example is the book that has taught millions of people across the world to better money earner and spender is Rich Dad Poor Dad, which is an amazing catchy book title that brought curiosity and pulls people to want to know what the man is gonna say about the wealth classes.
You can now see that a powerful, punchy title that encapsulates what you’ve written about will make it easier to sell more ebooks, so it’s important you get creative and specific in order to stand out from the crowd.
Many authors struggle when trying to come up with an intriguing name for their work-in-progress; this can lead writers down dead-end paths where they spend days or weeks working on something that doesn’t stick at all!
Here is a simple way to craft a killer title for your ebook:
You can come up with a title for your book by doing any of the following:
- Consulting free online book title generators to find ideas
- Brainstorming on paper or in an app like OneNote, Evernote, or Google Keep, etc
- Taking a notable line from your book
- Looking through bestsellers from similar genres and taking inspiration from their titles.
Once your ideas are flowing, make a shortlist of your favorites, then ask professionals in your field about the best to go for or test with readers who fall into the category or your “ideal demographic” by promoting each title daily or weekly to see which titles they like best, to make sure that you will have the perfect title for marketing and sales purposes.
Once you have the perfect title for your ebook, the next step is to write the content now.
Step 3: Writing eBook Content Professionally
The key to selling eBooks is to write simply and clearly.
People will buy your eBook because they want to learn how it’s done in the easiest possible way, so make sure you don’t overcomplicate things!
Start with the desired result (teaching an idea or skill) and then work backward: what are a few of their most common questions? What do they need help understanding before anything else becomes clear?
How can I provide them with additional value that other competitors cannot offer as well? Write down these points for each chapter of your book, one at a time – this helps keep you focused on completing specific sections rather than writing multiple chapters all at once.
If you find yourself stuck in your writing, there are two ways to get unstuck that work for writers.
Firstly, you can check the blog post for how others writers structured their content, how they present it to audiences.
Thirdly, you can write step by step to have your readers understand you better.
It is also always great to add images, links to external resources to help your readers understand you better.
Here are a few of our favorite free tools for increasing writing productivity:
One way to increase the sales of your eBook is by making it easy for people to read. To do this, you need to format and size everything consistently so that information can be easily digested.
For instance, try using a sans-serif font like Ariel or Verdana at 11pt or 12 pt in order make sure all text looks neat on screen! Once you are done with writing your content, the next thing to do is to edit the content and then check for grammatical errors that might have to occur while writing.
Step 4: Proofreading the Content (The Easy Way)
Before getting another set of eyes on your eBook, check for spelling mistakes and do a round of editing on your own. Remember that fixing minor errors can distract from bigger tasks like checking how well you’ve communicated ideas.
Reading aloud is also an excellent way to catch things you might otherwise miss because our brain automatically fills in gaps or correct typos when reading out loud even if they’re not there yet!
You’ll get a better sense of the flow as longer sections too while doing this kind of task so have someone read it back to help find any more inconsistencies before handing off what could be great work.
You can make use of Grammarly to eliminate grammatical errors and enhance your writing by fixing your grammars. spelling, and punctuation issues. Millions trust Grammarly‘s free writing app to make their online writing clear and error-free.
The software scans your text for common grammatical mistakes like misused commas, homophones, or punctuation marks so you don’t have to worry about them!
After editing your work you can then find an outside party that isn’t overly concerned about hurting your feelings to review the content and give you feedback.
Don’t be offended if they suggest deleting paragraphs of the book because it will make for a much stronger piece in the end!
After editing the content, the next step is to create the ebook cover as the ebook is ready for sale.
Step 5: Creating a Cover That Sells eBook Like Crazy
What’s the first thing that draws you to a book at your local bookstore? The cover! If customers can see something they like looking through an online store, then it is likely they will purchase.
Prospective buyers are judging your eBook by its cover and if not well designed or done with care, this may lead them to think low of the product in general.
If your goal is to sell books online and make money from them, then the first step is going to be creating an appealing cover for whichever book you’re looking into publishing online.
You can hire a professional ebook cover designer on Fiverr, they’ll work with you to make sure that your vision is brought to life.
If you want to give it a go yourself, I’d recommend Canva’s Free Online Book Cover Maker. You can also make use of Adobe Spark free-to-use ebook maker; while if you are good with tools like Photoshop CS5 or later, you can use it to design a more captivating cover for your ebook.
So let’s talk about what makes up a good eBook Cover:
- Make the title a different color than the background
- Set your title in a large, easy to read font
- Visual elements should be 300 px
- Beware of copyright – don’t use images or design elements that you don’t have permission to use
- Use good images – you can download free ones on Freepic to use.
But is best to find a professional ebook cover designer through Fiverr, these can be made for as little as $5! and don’t forget that once you start selling eBooks, then these costs will easily pay off.
Now that your content and ebook cover is ready, it’s time to convert it into a sellable ebook!
Step 6: Convert Your Content into eBook Format
It is very important to correctly format your digital product when selling it online.
For Amazon Kindle, the file format is MOBI and other readers should use EPub which can be accepted by Barnes & Noble, Apple iBookstore, or Kobo.
If you want to make it easier on your customers when they purchase from your store then offer both formats of PDF as well as MOBI and EPUB so that they have a choice in what type of eBook reader device they’re using at any given moment.
If you are interested in formatting an e-book yourself, take a look at this handy tutorial on how to create ebook using Reedsy, inside the guide, you will also discover how to convert Word document to PDF, EPUB, MOBI format. See Guide
Alternately, if you don’t have time for the project and would rather pay someone else for it – there is always Fiverr!
After formating your ebook into the rightful format you need, the next step is to sell it online and start making your money.
Step 7: Promoting Your eBook Online
It is time to tell the world about your new eBook. You will need serious dedication both before and after the launch of your book to build a buzz within an audience and sell well.
You can do the following to promote and sell off your ebook online
- Your website/blog: One of the best ways to promote your ebook is by creating a landing page on your website. In fact, creating a striking but professional landing page on your website will help you convert more prospective customers into paying ones.
- Social media: Imagine your book or ebook being seen by the entire world. You don’t need an expensive ad campaign to make it happen, just a small investment in Facebook and Twitter ads will do wonders for increasing visibility! and send more people to buy your ebook.
- Okadabooks: This is a great place to sell your ebooks. Okadabooks also allows you to self publish your own ebook in 2 minutes without
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing: As you know, Amazon is one of the most popular online marketplaces where people buy and sell goods. You can also use it to sell your E-books online with ease. You can earn 35-70% of the total price depending on your location.
- Seiz: Seiz is a website that provides authors with complete E-commerce solutions including amazing features to enhance their sales. You only pay Seiz 2% per transaction when you sell your e-book on the site.
- Blurb: Blurb is a self-publishing website that provides tools to create, promote and sell your E-book. The bright side of using Blurb is the fact you have an option to sell your e-book on their platform or Amazon for 20% commission per sale!
Creating your own eBook is a fulfilling way to share your passions and knowledge with others, while also being able to make some passive income.
That’s it. we hope this guide has helped you in your journey to create and sell eBooks online. It’s a fulfilling way to share your knowledge or passions with others.
- How to Create an Online Store in 8 Steps (With Pictures)
- Mega Collection of Business Ebooks for Young Entrepreneur
Now, Over To You
What did you think of our guide on how to create and sell ebooks online?
Or if you have any questions that have not been covered in this guide about creating and selling ebooks online, ask in the comment section, we will give you an answer.